Friday, February 26, 2016


February 25, 2016 - This tin sign is an image of the 1960 Duck Stamp which was the last duck stamp my grandfather purchased.  He died that year.  I "forged" his signature on the sign in the manner and location of my grandfather on his stamp.  Budge had all the Duck Stamps from the first one in 1935 up to this one in 1960.  As I remember, this stamp art is of the black lab, King Buck, a National Champion.  No other dog has ever appeared on a Federal Duck Stamp.  I have the sign on my back porch.  I see it every day.  I got to go goose hunting with Budge one time on a frigid, crystal clear winter morning in southeastern Colorado.  We were huddled in the pit blind before daylight.  I was about ten years old.

 






























 

 





 
 

 


1 comment: