Sunday, November 8, 2020

November 8, 2020 - Child's fishing game carved by my Great Grandfather.  The painted wooden fish are weighted on the bottom so they "float" upright below the surface of the water but do not entirely sink.  Tiny screw eyelets are inserted in the fishes mouths.  The dorsal fins are made of tin.  The fish have numbers, points, painted underneath.  As kids, my brother and I fished for them in a bucket of water with the little pole and hook at our grandparents house.  Looking at this now I can see there were many, many hours involved in making and painting this game; and getting the weighting right. 



1 comment:

  1. This is amazing, what a true work of art. I can't imagine the hours that went into this and how much fun it was to play with. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete